Location : The Kraine Theater, New York, NY
The Devil by Jackson Sturkey
A work in progress, for Jackson had never believed that the Devil lived in the house at the bottom of the hill. When at the end of the summer of 2018 he was asked if he remembered that teacher from his is private Christian high school, he did not. This story unpacks the machinations of the institution and how they spent years hiding the Devil they know.
Singer/Songwriter. Cabaret Performer. And Host extraordinaire. Jackson Sturkey is one of the last of the Good Time Charlies. He normally can be found at many haunts of the east village and is also a Perennial player of Frigid NYC, Plan B Variety show, Liquid Family Dinner Cabaret, Ten foot rat Cabaret, NYC talent show and many more. His obsession with old Hollywood can be seen in his insta feed @outlatetonight. His most recent home has been Pangea. Part Tiny Tim, part dapper throwback, part emotional fire iron.
The Sugar by Gastor Almonte
After a near-fatal hospital stay that ended with a Diabetes diagnosis, Gastor returned home to the shocking discovery that this was a prevalent issue in his community.
Gastor Almonte is an award-winning stand up comedian, storyteller, writer, and host. He's appeared on COMEDY CENTRAL's This Is Not Happening, VICE and PBS. TIMEOUT magazine named him one of your "New Comedy Obsessions." He's a 2020 Webby award winner for his appearance on WORLD CHANNEL's Stories from the Stage. He's the host of The War Report Podcast w/ Shalewa Sharpe and his debut album "Immigrant Made" reached #1 on itunes, Amazon Music and GooglePlay charts.
- Full vaccination (two weeks past final dose of Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J) is required for all audience members, staff, and performers. You can prove your vaccination status with
- Your vaccine card
- The NY Excelsior app or NJ Docket app
- A photo of your vaccine card with matching photo ID
- Masking is required for audience and staff
- Masks may be removed while seated in the back of the theater to enjoy drinks provided the bar is open and an empty row is left between masked and unmasked sections.
- Audience members seated in the front section of the theater will be fully masked at all times.
- Audience members and performers are required to fill out a contact tracing form upon arrival.
- Seating is limited to half normal capacity with space left between parties.
- The theater is equipped with a ventilation system capable of completely replacing the air in the space every ten minutes.
- Surfaces are sanitized regularly.
All in attendance (audience, staff, performers, etc) must adhere to these polices or be asked to leave.