Location : The Kraine Theater, New York, NY
From Joan Crawford to Joan Collins; from Mama Jean to Monica Lewinsky; from Helen Gurley Brown to Elizabeth Warren, Jamie Brickhouse has been the fly to the flames of these larger-than-life ladies. Brickhouse pays them glamorous homage with a cabaret-style evening of stories all told in high heels, giving tall tales new meaning. Called a “natural raconteur” by the Washington Post, Jamie is a National Storytelling Grand Slam champ, 4-time Moth StorySLAM winner and TikTok “#storiesinheels” star with over 2 million views.
Called “a natural raconteur” by the Washington Post, Jamie Brickhouse is a writer and comedic storyteller. He’s the author of the critically acclaimed Dangerous When Wet: A Memoir of Booze Sex and My Mother which is an Amazon “Editors’ Pick”, an Amazon Best Book of 2015. It's available as an audiobook read by him and as an e-book. A National Storytelling Network Grand Slam winner, and 4-time Moth champion, he’s the writer/performer of the multi-award-winning solo show adaptation of his memoir Dangerous When Wet, which the Washington Post dubbed “stylish…one of the most polished one-man shows.” Drag legend Charles Busch called his second solo show, I Favor My Daddy: A Tale of Two Sissies, “funny, touching, honest, insightful, and most of all, wonderful entertainment.” The winner of multiple awards, it’s based on Jamie’s forthcoming memoir. Jamie has recorded voices on Beavis Butthead, recently interviewed Matthew McConaughey for the worldwide San Miguel Literary Sala, has appeared on PBS-TV’s Stories from the Stage, and The Moth Podcast. Jamie has been published in the New York Times, International Herald Tribune, Washington Post, Daily Beast, Salon, and Huffington Post. He lives with his husband Michael in New York City. Follow Jamie on TikTok where his #storiesinheels videos have over a million views: @Jamie_Brickhouse. Find him @jamiebrickhouse on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and at www.jamiebrickhouse.com.
- Full vaccination (two weeks past final dose of Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J) is required for all audience members, staff, and performers. You can prove your vaccination status with
- Your vaccine card
- The NY Excelsior app or NJ Docket app
- A photo of your vaccine card with matching photo ID
- Masking is required for audience and staff
- Masks may be removed while seated in the back of the theater to enjoy drinks provided the bar is open and an empty row is left between masked and unmasked sections.
- Audience members seated in the front section of the theater will be fully masked at all times.
- Audience members and performers are required to fill out a contact tracing form upon arrival.
- Seating is limited to half normal capacity with space left between parties.
- The theater is equipped with a ventilation system capable of completely replacing the air in the space every ten minutes.
- Surfaces are sanitized regularly.
All in attendance (audience, staff, performers, etc) must adhere to these polices or be asked to leave.