FRIGID New York venues are available for rent year-round. Because New York City's venues vary widely, we highly recommend that you make an appointment to view the venue you're interested in, to make sure it's right for your project.
"For those wanting to mount a short run late at night for a small out-of-pocket expense, Horse Trade may be your best bet" - BackStage
Non profit Discounts available on performance and film shoot rates.
Book a Performance
There are two ways to book a show with us.
The simplest is as a rental. Our rentals are relatively affordable and afford you the freedom to do your thing when and how you want to do it. In this case we don’t need anything from you but money and your commitment to do your show. And you don’t need any more approval from us then dates and times. Also a bonus, If your show does well at the box office you can make more money as a rental.
• The spaces are available to view most days; to be scheduled around rehearsals and other bookings; email email@example.com for availability.
• Either After seeing the venue or now if you are already familiar with our venues, fill out this form to place a rental request.
• Our booking manager will be in contact with you about setting up a time to sign a contract.
• One third of the space fee is due at contract signing. The rest of the space fee and incidentals (including fireguard, projector rental, rehearsals, etc.) may be paid on a payment plan, all due before your first performance.
• We accept checks, cash, credit cards, and money orders.
We have a few more requirements for Co-Productions.
• If we find your application interesting and/or viable we will email you back and request more information or a meeting.
• There is no application fee associated with this Co-Production request and accordingly we are not committing to providing a response to your application.
• If you don’t hear back from us about a coproduction we welcome you to come in as a rental. Many of our Co Productions are with companies we originally met as renters.
• Our co-productions fall into three main categories. Please start this process by filling out the appropriate form. If in doubt then fill out the Theatrical Run application.
House keeps first $225 @ USM and first $300 at Kraine per performance, then a 50/50 split after that.
House keeps first 10 tickets (or first $150, if tickets are less than $15) per performance, then a 50/50 split after that.
House keeps first $200 at USM and first $250 at Kraine, then a 50/50 split after that.
- We rent on a first come, first serve basis.
- There are no refunds and no date changes once a venue is contracted for a performance.
- We require general liability insurance for any performance.
- We require a fireguard be present at each performance. We can provide a fireguard for you, at a fee of $75 per performance, or we can provide a letter of fitness for someone from your company to become certified. More detailed information on fireguard certification can be found here.
- Personnel (techs, box office staff, etc.) are not included in rental fees.
- All sets must be struck and stored nightly; a limited amount of storage space is made available to each show.
- Projectors and screens are available in each space; for a fee of $50 per performance.
- Use of the light and sound boards are included in rental fees; also included is a standard rep plot with four refocusable lights in each space.
Book a Rehearsal
- We rent on a first come, first serve basis.
- We require 24 hours notice of cancellation.
- Rehearsals scheduled for evening hours (after 6pm) or weekend hours (Sa, Su) are subject to removal for a performance. These rehearsals are scheduled during performance slots, and performances are given priority. Rehearsals scheduled during daytime and week day hours (M-F 10am-6pm) are recommended.
- A tech rehearsal means that the breakers for the light board have been turned on, whether the stage lights are used for the entire rehearsal or not.
- The first 6 hours of tech rehearsals will be charged at the regular rate (evening/weekend or weekday, whichever applies), with a contract.
- All rates are available online. As we keep our prices as low as possible, we offer only one discount, LIT members receive a 10% discount on rehearsal space.
- In general, one night events are only available Sunday - Wednesday. Weekend 7pm and 8pm shows are rented in a three-day block.
- Your company is required to purchase general liability insurance. look at FracturedAtlas.org or CimaWorld.com
- All sets must be struck and put away nightly; a limited amount of storage space will be made available to each show. There is a repertory (mostly unalterable) plot in each venue. Each venue has four Re-Focusable lights.
- We require 24 hours notice of cancellation on rehearsal bookings.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on contracted performance time.
- Free half hour tech orientations are available for your techs to familiarize themselves with our spaces and equipment. Appointments can be made by emailing tech@FRIGIDnewyork.info.
- Our office is open 10am-6pm every day; our spaces are open 10am-12am every day. Call 212-777-6088 or email office@FRIGIDnewyork.info for availability.
The Kraine Theater
85 East 4th St
Between 2nd & 3rd Ave (Bowery)
First floor, no wheelchair access
UNDER St. Marks
94 St. Marks Place
Between 1st Ave and Ave A
Basement theater, no wheelchair access