Fringe Site-Specific Show Application
Hello and thank you for your interest in the New York City Fringe 2024! This is FRIGID’s biggest festival and this year it’s going to be bigger than ever so we’re very excited to see your application! For the first time ever, we are offering slots for five site-specific shows in non-traditional spaces. Fringe is an unjuried festival and site-specific participants will be chosen on a first come first served basis up to five productions, provided the application has been approved. We will be approving the applications for feasibility only, not for artistic judgment of any kind. New York City Fringe will run from Wednesday April 3rd to Sunday April 21st, 2024.
The participation fee is $925, for which site-specific Fringe participants get:
- 100% of the box office
- 2 “Front of House” managers for 3 hours per performance
- 1 site visit with FOH staff to make a plan for safely interacting with and processing audience
- Publicity by Emily Owens PR
- Inclusion in festival marketing efforts
- Guidance with necessary permits where needed and possible (no guarantees given in this department and all associated fees are the responsibility of the Artist)
- Ticketing setup, including festival ticketing and 3rd party vendor listings (events held on most city property, such as in public parks, cannot be ticketed)
Before you begin your application, please read the festival handbook. This is the handbook we use for the rest of the festival so some of the information will not apply to you. However, there are also important dates, festival policies and guidelines, and more that will be useful for you to know.
The application is now opens on and will remain open until all slots are filled.
Please proof read your responses before submitting. FRIGID will reproduce data EXACTLY as it is entered here; we do NOT correct improper capitals or misspellings. Our assumption is that you have included such anomalies as a marketing or artistic choice.
There is a $40, non-refundable application fee that will be invoiced to the producer using the contact information provided.
Have questions? Please reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you!